Monday 2 June 2014

The Week That Was - The One With The Gangsta Baby...

Last week, my week went a little something like this:

Monday - Another Bank Holiday!!! We had a lovely lazy day, because the weather was pretty awful. Fairly early on we decided we MUST have nachos, so we bought the ingredients and had an indulgent lunch. I did A LOT of crochet. 


Tuesday -  The first "official" day of half term. We got up, tidied up and cowered from the rain. I finally finished my daisy blanket, and delivered it to its new owner, a very poorly little girl in Biscuit's class. Here's a finished picture:


Wednesday - Work for me. Still dreadful weather, rain, rain, rain. I went out at lunch to buy crayons for Wiggles' birthday next week and some juice, but I couldn't be bothered to do anything more it was so grim out! The most exciting thing about my day was how unexpectedly delicious my Marks & Spencer's juice was! 

If you see it, give it a go! 



Thursday - Finally less rain! We went for a walk with Mum and the dogs, it was lovely to get fresh air! We bumped into Impressive E and Woolly at the swings and had a chat. We came home and went to the supermarket to collect a dress I'd ordered:


Image courtesy of Tesco.com

I'd got high hopes as it looked really nice in the picture, but it was DREADFUL on me! Nasty thin material and an unflattering shape. Sigh. After coming home and having a yummy tuna salad for lunch we headed back out again to meet Tallulah. We had coffee then a wander round town. Here's Wiggles looking gangsta in Peacocks:


I bought myself a lovely pair of sunnies (not the ones pictured) which I love so much I'm considering an emergency second pair!

After getting home and having tea Mr Husband and I went out to the cinema to watch The Grand Budapest Hotel whilst Mum looked after the girls. It's so lovely to be able to hop off on a night out together. Loved the film too.

Friday - Work for me, made much more exciting because of an amazing lunchtime curry. 

Saturday - Up early with a noisy shouty child. Grrr. Yelling "Mumma! Up!" at six a.m is never going to be ok in my book. After Mr Husband joined us we had a yummy cooked breakfast then we decided that he needed to get some new shoes (he could wiggle his finger through a hole in his soles) so we all headed out to a shopping village not too far away.  He bought two pairs of shoes, I bought the girls ice creams!  We stopped at McDonalds for the children to have tea, they were chuffed to bits.  They got Enid Blyton books in their Happy Meals and Biscuit was so pleased that she could read it herself.

Sunday - My turn for a lovely long sleep.  Finally the weather seems to have changed a little and the sun was shining beautifully.  In the morning we emptied Wiggles' bedroom as she's having it decorated next week.  Then after lunch we went for a walk to the top of a nearby hill and took some cupcakes with us as a reward to scoff on the top!  






It was great fun and lovely to be out in the warm and the fresh air.  And not only did my Red Velvet Cake match my dress (hooo yeah) it was delicious too.  In the evening we made preparations for EEEEEEK LEGOLAND TOMORROW!!!!

Well that was mine, how was yours?

Love, love,

post signature

TWTWC

12 comments:

  1. Wiggles is looking so grown up - she looks like she's shot up recently! Love the look of that red velvet cupcake too...mmm! Daisy blanket looks beautiful too - I'm sure the recipient loved it. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen. Wiggles really has had a big grow recently, I wish she would stop it! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Your whole family is so beautiful!! What lovely pics-- and I feel you on the rain btw. We've had storm after storm. No fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, bless you Taby, how sweet of you, thank you! I hope the storms have left you be now xx

      Delete
  3. What gorgeous photos :-) can't believe how Wiggles has grown,love your dress,the photo of Mr H and Wiggles is gorgeous and I'm so impressed with your blanket. Hope Legoland went well! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh red velvet cake!!! Loving the gangsta baby!

    Thanks for linking up to #TWTWC xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's planning to take over the world from the comfort of her buggy that one!!! :) xx

      Delete
  5. Cute red dress, the last pic is lovely, H x
    http://mumswearlipstick.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hayley, I'm rather fond of that pic too :) xxx

      Delete
  6. The pic of the cupcake is pretty brilliant too actually!!
    http://mumswearlipstick.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it matched my dress! Quite by accident of course.... ;) xx

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your lovely comments x

If you're a rotten stinking spambot; shoooooo! Away with you!!