Monday 28 April 2014

The Week That Was - You've got a little something on your face...

For the first time this week I'm linking this post up with The Week That Was Captured over at Make Do and Push.  I've done so many of these weekly posts now and I can't work out how I only just discovered this link up!  I thought they would fit perfectly so I'm happily joining in the fun!

Last week, my week went a little something like this:

Monday - Bank Holiday Monday!  Yay!  This meant Mr Husband was at home so we were lucky enough to be able to spend another day with him.  He is good. We pottered about, ate roast beef. Bought the children new clothes and enjoyed ourselves doing very little. 

Tuesday -  Back to the old routine! Biscuit to school, Wiggles and I to baby group. We took my new neighbour Jill along who was ace and not at all phased by new Mummies. I got to have a cuppa and a catch up with my Mum chums, yay! Wiggles had a monumental nap afterwards, but not before scoffing scrambled eggs with gusto! Our lovely hairdresser came over and cut my hair & Mr Husband's. I decided to start gradually raising the angle if my cut to go up at the back and down at the front. Here are my before and after pictures: 





Now I know these aren't the best pictures, a phone shot is never easy, particularly when you're trying to get the back of your head! But it does illustrate the shape change. It's a gradual process though, a few more months, a couple more cuts and it should be closer to the overall look I'm after. It IS quite short though!!  

What do you think? I also coloured it just before taking the later pictures (L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss No. 323 Dark Chocolate if you're interested). I've used this colour before and I really like it, lovely and dark, but with no coppery or reddy tones which I hate on me. Mr Husband made excellent use of his time whilst I faffed about doing all this and watched The Hobbit again.

Wednesday - Work. I forgot my phone and felt like I'd lost my right arm for most of the day! I went out at lunchtime and succumbed to buying two Frozen t-shirts for Biscuit, a new little outfit for Wiggles and a pretty little necklace for me from H&M. Here's her favourite of the t-shirts, she LOVES it! 


Thursday - After dropping Biscuit off I came home and tidied up a little befits going to Tilly's house for a cuppa. Just before leaving Wiggles did this:



Yep, permanent marker. Ugh! It came off after rubbing at her vigorously with a baby wipe! Tilly and I had a good catch up before we headed home for lunch and a nap. Biscuit started watching Frozen AGAIN after school and I made Toad in the Hole, YUMMERS!

Friday - Work for me. I had to make three separate trips to the cinema to get tickets for Biscuit and I to see Muppet's Most Wanted on Saturday. Grrrr! Got there in the end though. It was an otherwise dull day. I stopped off at the supermarket on the way home to pick up The Lord of The Rings Lego set Mr Husband had ordered. I love that man. 

Saturday - I took Biscuit to the cinema armed with popcorn and copious amounts of sweets! We watched Muppet's Most Wanted it was marvellous! I bought a fabulous dressing gown from the chazza, £2.50, woooo! I can't resist a bit of quilting!! In the evening Mr Husband and I enjoyed a Chinese takeaway and a completely delicious pear cider, sneakily housed in a Babycham glass.  Any excuse! 



It was a proper lovely evening to end a proper lovely day! 

Sunday - I got to have a lovely long sleep in the morning.  I cleaned downstairs ready for friends to visit the following night then I took Biscuit out to a birthday party.  She wore a dress given to her for her birthday by Tallulah and she looked adorable!  After collecting her we came home, had tea and the girls had baths.  A very quiet Sunday really, but I feel like I got plenty done, so that's good.

Well that was mine, how was yours?

Love, love,

post signature

8 comments:

  1. Très chic hair cut! Glad you got the ink off the little one..we've had a few moments like that too! Eeek. Nice to have bubbles on a Saturday night. Vicky x #TWTWC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! And thank you for stopping by too, you are kind :) xx

      Delete
  2. Adore the haircut & can't wait to see if "finished"! Still boggles the mind how you get so much done during a day lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh, thank you lovely xx

      It's funny, I dint think I do ENOUGH stuff!!

      Delete
  3. Adorable haircut! These are the best posts. You have such a lovely life, sweet girls, a fun husband, and the best attitude. xo muah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhh, thank you so much. How lovely you are xxx

      Delete
  4. Ooh! Love the new hair! Not so good about the permanent marker!

    Thanks for linking up to #TWTWC xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your lovely comments x

If you're a rotten stinking spambot; shoooooo! Away with you!!